LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous data recording by LABVIEW for my project

Solved!
Go to solution

Currently I'm working on my thesis about Microbial Fuel Cell. In our Fuel cell, there are 1 common anode, 4 anodes and cathode terminal, I have to take continuous voltage data from 5 anodes to cathode terminal separately by Labview. And I have 2 Fuel Cells. DAQ's are costly, can you please give me any idea to do it in cheap price?

And I dont know anything about LabView. Can anyone please give me any link form where I can start to learn?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,965 Views)

Hi Riad,

The second question is easier to answer. I'll post a link here, but it's taken directly from the top of this forum. There are other links that might also be useful: Learn LabVIEW Basics

As to measuring a voltage (or 5) at a cheap price - how much are you wanting to spend? You'll need to buy something capable of measuring a voltage difference, but depending on how much time you want to invest in reinventing the wheel, you can probably make it pretty cheaply. Just know that you'll have to spend a lot more time building components or organizing communication, and at the end you might (probably?) have something less capable than the cheapest DAQ boards you'd find from NI (or other places).

There are lots of things to consider - how accurate does your measurement need to be? Do you need them to be truly simultaneous, or is one immediately after another ok? How fast do you want your sampling to be? And so on...

GCentral
Message 2 of 7
(2,926 Views)

At the head of the main of the main LabVIEW forums you may not have noticed the box entitled "Getting started with LabVIEW", The links in there should provide everything you need in there short of doing online courses.

For your project, LabVIEW works pretty well with nearly any measurement device that can communicate with a computer. Basically all you need to do is find any kind of voltage measurement device that does what you want within your price range and is capable of communicating with a PC.

Message 3 of 7
(2,924 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author riad123

Just get a USB-6000.  It goes for $161 and just works for what you want.  And there are plenty of DAQmx examples that get installed into LabVIEW.  You could probably just take one and run it to do your job.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 7
(2,911 Views)

Hi, Thank u very much for ur reply. I dont wana waste my time. just wana start my working as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,851 Views)

Hello, Thank you very much for your reply. Isn't there any other cheapest DAQ? I have 2 Fuel cells. And in each Fuel cell, I need 5 voltage reading. So, in total I need 10 voltage reading (like V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, V6, V7, V8, V9, V10). Do I need to buy 2 DAQ's?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,846 Views)

In that case, you will need to either get 2 DAQs (which can become a software problem to manage multiple tasks) or get a USB-6210 (which goes for $700).  Or if you can go PCI there is the PCI-6010 ($512).  Or PCI Express: PCIe-6320 ($580).  Because you do not know how to program, I would go with the USB-6210 and then you just need the 1 task for all of your data and logging will be simple.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,839 Views)