LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Surface Plot

The attached file is a continuous 2d plot where x, y and z positions are graphed with respect to time. I would like to transform this into a surface plot. As the program is run, I would like a continuous surface plot to be generated. I'm new to labview and, thus, trying to make the block diagram as simple as possible. I've seen many tutorials, but I haven't seen a continous plot yet. How should I tackle like problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,449 Views)

shin113,

Have you seen this forum post yet?

There is also an example built-into LabVIEW. If you go to Help->Find Examples...  the Example Finder will open up. If you search for "surface" the "3D Surface Graph.vi" should come up. I would highly recommend checking that out, too. 

Basically, you're going to need to have a 1D array of X points, a 1D array of Y points, and a 2D array of Z points to form the surface graph. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,362 Views)

thank you Kyle for your response. Could you explain why z points should be in a 2d array? The information I have is the x, y, z position of a sample surface, meaning that I have three 1d arrays of x, y, z. If I were to make the z array into a 2d array what additional variable am I adding? Please refer to the attached file by setting the frequency at 10 Hz. Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,282 Views)