LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Acquisition Template - where to configure control settings (e.g. x axis scale)

Hi There,

I am working off a template that has 1) UI Event loop, Data Acquisition loop, Data Logging loop, and display loop. I have some waveform charts that I would like to configure the x axis time scale after the user has changed settings. Based on what the user sets the sample rate and collection duration, I want the waveform charts to change their x axis based on those settings.

Where and which loop would be the appropriate spot to do this code? I would like to collect and write the data as Analog 1D DBL Nchannel.

I have tried:

1) Configuring waveform chart properties within the Acquisition loop. I passed the waveform chart reference  in and used property nodes. 

2) Within the UI Event loop when the User presses Record

1 and 2 - the x axis was not scaling the way I wanted it so I wasn't sure if either of these spots were appropriate for the code. If it is, then I will have to check my scaling.

3) Within the display while loop. HW and timing settings are passed in via Notifier but then my waveform chart only displays 1 data point but I can tell it is continuing to collect in the background.

Thanks in advance,

Anton

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,480 Views)

Okay so I figured out where I could alter the waveform charts properly and updated the program. I am now having trouble where over time, it looks like the charts speed up and then the program slows down. I am not even sure where to start and what to fix. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anton

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,410 Views)

Hi atrinh, I have some questions for you that may better clarify what might be occurring. 

1. From what hardware are you acquiring your data?

2. It sounds like there may be an issue with your memory over time, causing those performance issues as the program runs. When you go to Tools > Profile > Performance & Memory from your main VI, how do you see the memory change as you run this program?

3. Are you aware of any trigger to speed up the chart updates? Are you changing any of the settings when the chart begins to speed up or when the program slows down?

4. What are you seeing when the program slows down?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,383 Views)