LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continously add values to an array during VI run

Solved!
Go to solution
I currently have a situtaion where i am gettin a number of numeric values on a single line which i need to store into an array. This has to done during program execution. I know i can use the "Build array function", but mot really sure whether i would need a while loop with shift registers or a feedback node. Any suggestions on what would be the best way to implement this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,759 Views)
Solution
Accepted by aruntutu

After some people on this forum have done testing (since they had the same question),

The shift register is about 4x faster than the feedback node.
But in terms of functionallity, they are identical.

Cory K
Message 2 of 9
(2,758 Views)
Oh okay, thanks a ton Cory. That was a really swift response, i really appreciate it. Problem solved.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,755 Views)

can you please post the VI to show how to add values continuosly using BUILD ARRAY & SHIFT REGISTER.the way i am trying does not allow the values to get stored.thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,368 Views)

can you please post the VI to show how to add values continuosly using BUILD ARRAY & SHIFT REGISTER.the way i am trying does not allow the values to get stored.thanks 🙂 please help me as i am not able to get anything 😞

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,367 Views)
To store it, you can use an indicator. I'll send the VI across as soon as I get back to work.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,334 Views)

First off, using Build Array can easily lead to memory issues. So please learn how to use it properly.

Secondly, it seems that you should go through some basic learning materials as this is really a very, very basic question.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,331 Views)

thanks for the help sir,i am really stuck.i will explain the problem.i have to get the time elapsed after pressing the start button.after stoping the loop,i should get the time elapsed.this time needs to be saved in an array.i should provide a start button again to reset the timer and to once again start the timer and then record the next timer value in the same array below the pevious value.simultaeouslyi have to input some value(millivolts) through an array and concatenate both the arrays in a final array.the problems i am facing is-

1-i am not able to find a loop with START STOP BUTTON.

2-I am just able to get one timer value and that gets loaded to the full array.

3-i am not able to concatenate both the arrays somehow.only the second array is shown in the FINAL ARRAY 3.

i have tried to use shift registers and many array functions,but i am somehow stuck in the looping.please help me.i am really getting too much abusing from my office boss..please help.thanks you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,325 Views)

Hi,

myntranike decided to create a new thread to tackle the same problem again…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,313 Views)