From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continous path generation from set of coordinates

Hello All,

In my recent Vision analysis application I get a set of xy coordinates from edge detection VIs provided in NI IMAQ. I need to process these coordinates (approximately 150 to 250 points) and come up with a continuous path connecting all these points with only lines and Arcs. Is any one out here aware of any 3rd party tool that will help me accomplish this task? I do not believe LV has any tool that will work for this. Please send me a link etc.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,420 Views)
Hi,

I think that the calliper tool that you can find on Vision Assistant does what you need.

Hope this helps,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,416 Views)
Thanks. But I need the information converted into Line and Arc definations that are continous.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,413 Views)
Hi,

LabVIEW has several curve fitting options. The type of curve fitting available includes linear, exponential, polynomial, Levenberg Marquardt, and Nonlinear Levenberg Marquardt. To use these functions, you must know what type of fit will be best for your set of points, but once this is known, you will be able to create an equation of best fit.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,396 Views)