LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continous Comparing Images

Hello Guys!

I just want to ask if there is a simple way to compare multiple images. I had already installed the needed programs.

it is like this..

1) i will capture a picture..

2) then compare it to all the images in the said location folder.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,378 Views)

Hi Mr_ask, 

What exactly do you mean by "comparing" multiple images? 

David S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,359 Views)

hello Mr. dstrandb

thank you for answering my post

comparing.. i mean if they are the same picture to the one in the database..

this is the example of my program sir.

1) in my database i have 5 images of faces, where i also used labview to campture the said images.

2) then in my program, i will capture an image where it will compare if that image is the same in my database continously..

for comparing sir.. if the pictures are alike or if the 2 pictures are exactly the same, i mean the face of the latest captured and in the database are the same.

sorry for a bad english.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,350 Views)

Alike is difficult, exactly the same image is not.

For exact images, just subtract one from the other and if 0 then the images are exact.

Alike faces is a huge field of study, you should look into facial recognition, it is often built on a confidence score based on sever feature extracted from the face.  There might be some open source or 3rd party code to use.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,338 Views)

It sounds like you are trying to do facial recognition which is substatially more than just (are these two images EXACTLY the same).  Room lighting, distance to camera, position (left right), height of person (are they slouching?) all affect the comparison of to images of a person's face.  Not to mention glasses/contacts or makup, earrings, hairstyles, etc.

As falkpl mentioned, you should reference some literature on the subject and construct code to determine if two images are "close enough"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,336 Views)

hello falkpp and pj!

sorry for a bit late reply. you both get what i need. so sadly our project will be so hard for us. i thought for the problem about the light system and the background,

and others we all put it in our limitations. but guys! thanks for answering my questions.

But can you give me some techniques or suggestions for this problem of ours?

thanks guys!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,314 Views)