cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to a Cassandra database

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

does a labview library exists that can talk directly to a Cassandra database? If so, which version of cassandra are supported?

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,708 Views)

I would start with the ODBC drivers, and then use the Database Connectivity Toolkit or something else like LabSQL.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,691 Views)

Thanks for the tips. I played around a bit and managed to connect to cassandra directly using the binary protocol and CQL. Since mostly do write I probably just use that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,634 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arun_Persaud

Hi

I ended up implementing part of the cassandra binary protocol in labview. If anyone is interested the files can be found here:

https://bitbucket.org/berkeleylab/atap-labview-cassandra-driver

It's by far not a complete implementation, but it allows me to do what I need.I'm happy to add more functionallity to it or accept pull request 😉

Arun

Message 4 of 6
(3,471 Views)

Hello

It is an old subject but I search to connect to a cassandra database with autentication... i saw in your release that it is not supported: was it impossible?

Best regards.

Nicolas T.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,001 Views)

Hi

no, this should be possible, we just didn't need it. We have a cassandra node behind a firewall, which is set up without authentication and then we have another node outside the firewall with authentication. In our setup LabVIEW only reads and writes to the node that doesn't need authentication.

Arun

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,990 Views)