LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting converted tool from VBAI to LabView

Hey all,

I'm really trying to connect to VI's together, one being a converted tool from VBAI and the other one, just a normal Labview coding.

The two VI's are attached with this message. Could anyone help me connect them together? 🙂

Kind regards

Xavier

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,958 Views)

You're going to need to be a lot more specific than "connect them together."

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,911 Views)

Dear Nathan

I know I didn.t give much precision on that, but that's because I'm not so confortable with LabView, but I'll try and do my best.

So to start with, I am using a thermal camera provide by a company called LAND. LAND has developed a few SubVI so that the thermal camera can be used on LabView. This is represented by attachment 1.

Then, a few weeks ago, just for a trial, I have tried converting a tool from Vision Builder for Automated Inspection to LabView (no problems). After a little while, I manage to connect the new tool converted from Vision Builder (useless tool but just for trial; attachment 2) to the main SubVI, and data was coming out of all this (everything up until there was fine).

Then the next thing was to create the tool I wanted to use on Vision Builder, which didn't take long and I converted it to Labview. But finally, when it came to connecting the main SubVI (attachment 1) to the usefull tool from VBAI I wanted to use (attachment 3), I couldn't manage to find my way.

So this is what I am trying to do, that's to say, being able to use the tool developped in VBAI (attachment 3) to analyse the image I get from the main SubVI (attachment1) and get some data.

Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Xavier

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,883 Views)

Actually I got confused, I am sorry, I would like this attachment "Graig's tool" which is my converted tool from Vision Builder to be "connected" to the main SubVI.

Alhough ideally, I would like to be able to use both of the last tools attached, thats to say "Find Objects with ROI" and "Craig's tool", to get the most data as possible from my thermal camera image, but I don't know if it's possible.

Thanks very much for the help

Xavier

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,880 Views)

Finally, I noticed there was a little problem with "Craigs tool" as when u downlaod it from here, there are a few things missing, so I did a Screen shot from my computer to show you what it looks like (no question marks on this one 🙂 ).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,874 Views)

There are a lot of missing subVIs (either because I don't have the right toolkits, or they're part of your code and you didn't attach them - I don't know which). Also, you have stacked sequence structures everywhere. Between the two, it's hard to understand what your code is doing. As far as I can tell, you have three VIs:

Main SubVI - retrieves an image from the thermal imaging camera and displays it on the screen

Craig's tool - retrieves an image and does some processing on it, with a pass/fail result. I can't tell if it does this on a single image or continuously. It also has a Modbus server, I don't know why.

Find Objects with ROI - takes a single image, gives the user a chance to adjust a threshhold, and then does some processing on it.

What do you want the final VI to do? It looks like you need to take the logic from "Craig's tool" and "Find Objects with ROI" and integrate it into the Main SubVI, instead of trying to use those two VIs as subVIs directly. Are you trying to process a single image, or a continuous video feed? Does your Main VI need to offer the chance to adjust the threshhold, like in "Find Objects with ROI"?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,834 Views)

The following attachment, is a the driver I had to install within the labview folder of my computer. These are the only one you should be missing, excpet from that, I had to download LabView 2011 and 2012, VBAI 2012, Visa 503 and Development toolkit 2012.

In the end, I do want to process an actual video not just an image, to be able to detect defects over cycles of 4hours and repeatable cycles (yes continuous video feed). Ideally I would like to have the chance to ajust the threshold like in "find objects with ROI".

Other from that, you have understood the main point and to be honest, I am quite lost in all that too, because I have very few experience with LabView...

thanks very much for your help,

regards

Xavier

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,823 Views)

The best solution here is to spend some time learning LabVIEW. It sounds like you have some code that either someone else wrote, or was automatically generated, and you don't fully understand how it works - is that correct?

Figure out in detail what you need your program to do, and break it up into small features that you can add one at a time. It appears you already have the first step done - you can acquire and display an image from your camera. You also have working example code to do the processing you want to do. You need to understand how those processing VIs work, and then take the functions from them and use them in your existing main VI.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,804 Views)

hi..im also having the same problem..so what s the solution? i have prepared the VBAI and i want to display it on labview.

i just use the 'migrate inspection to labview' but it didnt update any new changes that i hv made in VBAI

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,749 Views)

You should use the LabVIEW API. This is a set of VIs that allow you to control VBAI from LV. With these VIs you can load an inspection, run an iteration, get the resulting image and measurements, etc. This way, when you make changes to your inspection in VBAI, the next time your LV code runs the inspection, it will ge the latest changes.

Check out the shipping examples located under the Vision Builder AI folder in the API Examples/LabVIEW Examples folder.

Hope that helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,711 Views)