From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting arduino to LED matrix/array

oh dear i dont know what i did this time

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 97
(1,154 Views)

so are you missing piece of code

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 97
(1,146 Views)

I opened finalPro4_completegame.vi and it can run.  I do not have an Arduino, so that part obviously does not do anything. I suspect that something is missing but there are not enough clues for me to guess what it is.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 97
(1,144 Views)

like what do u mean?

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 97
(1,129 Views)

Since I do not have any hardware (Arduino), I created a boolean array to display the data being written to the Arduino in the Initialize state.

When I click on the Play button, the "Select lights on display that you think will turn on" dialog box pops up. But there is no way to select those lights. No front panel boolean controls. No read from the Arduino. And, no code to compare the randomly generated values with the user selected ones.

It appears that you only have about one third of the program in the last code you posted (message 34 of this thread).

Perhaps the empty boolean array constant in the Initialize state should be a control?

Also, your elapsed time calculation seems unnecessarily complicated. Turn of Auto Rest and disconnect the Set Start Time (s) input. Then wire the Total time indicator directly to the Elapsed Time (s) output. No need for the shift register, the array, or the array sum.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 97
(1,119 Views)
What do mean could you help me just a little?
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 97
(1,202 Views)

From your description of how the game works:

a. In the game we are doing this:

- having the user press play

- all the lights should turn off then as the game is ready to be played

- next the user will be prompted to guess which  1,2,3,4,or 5 of the lights that will turn on the breadboard, the user will click as many of the 5 light the user thinks will turn on

My question is: What does the user click on? There is nothing in finalPro4_completegame.vi which is clickable.

Lynn

Message 37 of 97
(1,191 Views)
The led array of the fives LEDs should be clickable but i don't know why they are not
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 97
(1,183 Views)
I don't know what happen when it tried to fix stuff.
Also I know that if the user gets it corrects there should be some message that comes up saying congratulations you win want to play again
Also if they get wrong there should be a message that comes up saying sorry trying again and then for them to try again and if then they still get wrong the correct lights/LEDs on the breadboard should blink same for if they get it correct the first time
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 97
(1,175 Views)
Does that make sense
Also we want to the lights off after the user presses play and prompt comes up saying press the number of buttons you think will light up
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 97
(1,174 Views)