LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting HX711 Load Cell Amplifier with NI USB-6001 using LabVIEW

Hello,

I am trying to create a VI in Labview 2014 using the NI USB-6001 and an HX711 Load Cell Amplifier. I understand that for the amplifier we have a clock pin and a data pin and that we should create a digital input and a digital output for this in the DAQ. What we are trying to do is create a 3 byte shift register that uses the clock to send pulses and then create an array of the bits that it recieves back. However, we are not sure how to connect the two pins to the USB-6001 or create the VI that does this shift register. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,011 Views)

How much LabVIEW experience do you have?  If the answer is "not much", go find (or hire) someone with a few years of experience.  If you do have the requisite experience, attach a VI that organizes the tasks you need to accomplish, including the kinds of signals (and their timing!) that your device requires.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,998 Views)

I do have prior labview experience and understand that I need to create a VI. However, I am unsure of how to do it since we are looking to read in a byte of data then break it into its bits then push each individual bit into an array. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,971 Views)

Hi dcwag,

NI-DAQmx, the driver software for your USB-6001, includes some shipping examples that show how to set up DAQmx tasks to manage digital I/O operations. Have you seen these shipping examples yet? They can be found in the NI Example Finder, which you can open from within LabVIEW at: Help -> Find Examples...

With the Example Finder open, navigate to the following folder: Hardware Input and Output -> DAQmx. The 'Digital Output' and 'Digital Input' folders contain examples showing how to set up tasks.

Once you've played around with these example programs, then we can move on to the next step of synchronizing them and passing data between tasks.

Tom D.
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,949 Views)

i start to creat a subVI that change the color of indicator inside a cluster , but when i use it in a vi i get a woring in programme. the result appear in the subVI indicator while the VI's indicator still ct ! what i can do ! it is a caption fo my pgrm Captureeee.JPG

@Bob_Schor wrote:

How much LabVIEW experience do you have?  If the answer is "not much", go find (or hire) someone with a few years of experience.  If you do have the requisite experience, attach a VI that organizes the tasks you need to accomplish, including the kinds of signals (and their timing!) that your device requires.

Bob Schor

i waiting yr help PLZ!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,572 Views)

Make a new thread if you are not talking about HX711

Kudos and Marked as Solution == Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,566 Views)