From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting 3 DC Motors to single DAQ Board

Hi,

For one of our project we are seeking help from someone who could actually help us progress our project. For this project we are using a stepper Motors (each 12 V) to run the gears as per below shown picture . Our project idea uses 3 steppers motors (the picture shows just one motor). So we want to know whether is there any way we can connect 3 motors to a single DAQ Board (Model No : SCB 68)? All we want to program in the labview is to note the time it takes for the piston (connected to gear) to move to a certain distance and repeat it for the certain no of times (according the input user gives)  and stop the motor after it reaches the input count. Can you please guide us/help us to make our idea successful? We would be so happy, if someone can help us in connecting these 3 motors to single daq board and make it work like the way we want to..! Thanks, MSC

[edited by moderator to remove confidential attachments]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,073 Views)
You can connect the motors any way you want to an scb68 and never get anything to work because the scb68 is just a dumb terminal block - not a daq device.
Message 2 of 13
(3,062 Views)

Oh ok. Sorry for my limited knowledge related to this because I am still a freshman student trying to learn and use Labview properly.

I believe we have a DAQ Card also ( I will let you know the model number for it). I am trying to think that, the motors will be running if we are able to generate some power from terminal block (or may be by using external power terminal) to which the 3 motors will be connected and then to control these motors (each of these motors to start and stop after rotating certain angles) will help us make this project successful! Is it possible ? Can you give us any guidance in this regard? Thanks, MSC

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,050 Views)

Daq Device Model No : NI PCIe-6321

Motors we bought (link) can be accessed here :

https://www.bananarobotics.com/shop/Pololu-130-Size-Brushed-DC-Motor-3-12V

hope, this information enables you to help us. 

Thanks

MSC

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,998 Views)

@saiks1 wrote:

Daq Device Model No : NI PCIe-6321

Motors we bought (link) can be accessed here :

https://www.bananarobotics.com/shop/Pololu-130-Size-Brushed-DC-Motor-3-12V

hope, this information enables you to help us. 

Thanks

MSC

Shouldn't your professor be giving you some guidance on this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,994 Views)

Not really! 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,992 Views)

@saiks1 wrote:

Not really! 

Why not really?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,983 Views)

because it seems like a bit lot of work to her as she even need to concentrate on other teams,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,978 Views)
Do you have a suitable controller for the motors? You can't drive them directly from the DAQ card - not enough current or voltage.
Message 9 of 13
(2,928 Views)

We have hewlett packard E6360A 0-6v, 2.5A/0- +/-20V, 0.5A triple output dc power supply.

Do you think it would work?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,914 Views)