From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to Adam-4018 (Advantech) DAQ using Labview, RS485

Hi,

I'm trying to get an Adam-4018 DAQ talking with LabVIEW. Advantech supposedly has a labview driver on their website, but the download link is broken. Does anyone know of a driver or example program for talking to an Adam DAQ?

Thanks,

Wade

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,687 Views)

Are you referring to the links on this page? I don't actually see a LabVIEW driver there. There's a .NET library (which you could use in LabVIEW), and the other is some DLL. If I had to pick one I'd go for the .NET one. The links for both seemed to work for me, though the download was reaaaaaaal slooooooooow. Perhaps your firewall is blocking them?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,673 Views)

Thanks for the reply

I found an old labview driver on their greek site, but had no success with it. So I just need to install the microsoft .NET drivers and I then talk to it with labview?

How do you include a .NET driver in labview? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,670 Views)

Found this example https://www.morechemistry.com/labview/drivers/advantech/advantech-adam-4000.html, but haven't tested yet.

P.S. I know that this topic is more than 10 years old. Posted mostly for a sake of search if needed again in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,307 Views)