LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect an encoder

My system is composed by a PXI 1000B.I connect 2 PCI 6025E on the PXI 1000B.
With the first 6025E, I use a BNC 2090 and with the other a SCXI 1010DC with modul SCXI 1112 and 1530.
So I want to connect an encoder. What is the best solution.
- connect the encoder to the BNC 2090 and what is the procedure on spring terminal pannel.Can I use channel user 1 or 2.
- connect the encoder to the 6025E. But I don t have a SCB-68 to connect directly the pin. How can I proceed.
Perhaps I have to make a special cable.
One precision, I see the example with the BNC 2120

Thanks for your help, Franc
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,351 Views)
To interface with an encoder, you will want to use one of the two counters on the PCI-6025E. To interface with the counters, you can use the PFI lines within the spring terminal block. You have access to PFI lines 1 thru 9 on the spring terminal block.

Then, when programming the counter operation, you will configure the counter to look at whatever PFI line you've connected to. There are many shipping examples you can look at. Just reference any counter examples that use the DAQ-STC chip (that is the chip on the PCI-6025E).

If you need a BNC connection you can connect a PFI line to User 1 or User 2 on the spring terminal block. Then you can connect to the BNC of User 1 or User 2. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Todd D.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,351 Views)