LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Zynq Board to LabView

Hello !!

I want to know if the Zynq board (Digilent ZYBO) can be connected to LabVIEW or not?

If yes, How?

Can I programm on it using LabVIEW code?

Please Help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,900 Views)

I'm sure you can connect it to LabVIEW either through Ethernet or some serial interface. Smiley Very Happy

No you cannot really program it directly from LabVIEW. You'll have to develop some application in the development environment that comes with your board (GCC toolchain or whatever) and control this application from a LabVIEW program that runs on a LabVIEW supported platform through the aformentioned communication link.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,879 Views)

Thanks for the reply..Smiley Happy

You mean I have to write some application code in my board's tools.. and then control it through sending/receiving COMMANDS ??

I have worked with serial communication using VISA.

You said that I can connect it through ETHERNET ??

How will I communicate via Ethernet ??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,872 Views)

@Nayan wrote:

Thanks for the reply..Smiley Happy

You mean I have to write some application code in my board's tools.. and then control it through sending/receiving COMMANDS ??

I have worked with serial communication using VISA.

You said that I can connect it through ETHERNET ??

How will I communicate via Ethernet ??

Really in a similar way as when you use VISA to communicate of serial. Your application on the Zync board will need to implement a TCP or UDP server interface by calling the according socket functions of the OS of your choice on that board an in LabVIEw you then use either the native TCP or UDP nodes or in case of TCP you could also go with VISA.

However I think your much more complicated task is first to get a working OS on that Zync board that supports a scket interface. Digilent talks about a ready made Linux ssytem that s available from them and that would be likely your first step to try before trying anything more complicated like building your own Linux kernel or even more daunting any other RTOS system. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,870 Views)

It seems to be very very much difficult task.. Okay I first concentrate on ZYBO..

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,867 Views)