From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect PLC Koyo Direct 06 to LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Please, help me.!!!

I can´t connecto the PLC Koyo to LabVIEW with OPC, I dont find the tools for this PLC, 

Message 1 of 4
(3,067 Views)

This controller has a Serial port, so you can "communicate" using VISA.  While "modern" PCs no longer have serial ports, there are numerous USB-to-serial converters, so you could use one (and an appropriate Serial cable) to connect your PC (running LabVIEW) to the PLC.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,039 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author qz6y7q

Hi qz6y7q.

You can find a list of the supported drivers here.

I didn't find that exact name, but I did find that the AutomationDirect/Koyo DirectNET DL 06 is supported. Is this the same device?

After looking for them on OPC Servers 2012, I found that they show up just as "AutomationDirect" and its variants, but they should correspond to the Koyo devices listed in the document.

If your device is not listed, you can communicate with it directly like Bob_Schor suggested.

Regards.

Aldo H
Ingenieria de Aplicaciones
Message 3 of 4
(3,012 Views)

Something else to research is that I just learned today that a bunch of "big name" PLC vendors private label the Koyo products. That might be another source.

Mike..

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,003 Views)