LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect NI9221 to measure the current

Hi,

I have a doubt, I will like to measure the voltage and the current using NI9221.

When I use a multimeter, to measure the voltage I have to connect it in parallel and to measure the current I have to connect it in series. I try to do the same with the NI9221 but the results of voltage was not ok.

In other words, in the following image, which option I have to use to measure the voltage and the current from the resistance?

(I have tried to get the voltage with the AI1 and the current with AI0)

NI9221.png 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,621 Views)

It's a little bit unclear what you are trying to do. Are you trying to measure the amount of power that is being drawn by a motor? In your diagram, what are the leads coming from your motor? And what kind of motor is it?

In general, if you want to measure the current through something with a voltage module, you will need to measure the voltage drop across a known resistance, and then calculate the current using Ohm's law. Or, if power is your end goal, P=V^2/R.

But, if you let me know what the wires coming from the motor represent, and what  you are ultimately trying to do, I can help you figure out exactly how you should wire your inputs to the NI 9221.

Wes Pierce
Principal Engineer
Pierce Controls
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,570 Views)

I have tried to get the voltage with the AI1 and the current with AI0. How I have to connect to do that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,534 Views)