LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Channel and Probe on Tektronix DPO 4000 Oscilloscope

Hi Everyone,

I wrote a program that controls an oscilloscope and a function generator.  It triggers X amount of times and averages the data.  When I was testing, I connected the function generator to the 'scope using a coaxial cable, and never thought to consider setting the probe model type (TPP05000).

I found the code which sets the model type, but I am unsure how to now set vertical position, scale, etc.  It sends out an error about a setting conflict. 

Has anyone had this problem before?  I am going to search around more on the web and in the manuals on how to do it, but since I am a little pressed for time, I thought I'd ask.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,144 Views)

Hi _natalie_,

Have you tried the LabVIEW Plug and Play Instrument Drivers for the Tektronix DPO 4000 Oscilliscope found here?

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=6E23DB10D9FC2B05E04400144FB7D2...

I imagine that they have support for what you are trying to do. Maybe try doing the same thing with these drivers and see if you get the same error? Also, can you attach a screenshot of the exact error you are getting?

Mark M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,088 Views)

Hi Mark,

I just figured out that it's a setting conflict meaning I was trying to change the bandwidth and impedance of the probe to a value that's not specified for the probe.  Now I am trying to figure out how to get the channel to measure current and not voltage...

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,084 Views)

@_natalie_ wrote:

Hi Mark,

I just figured out that it's a setting conflict meaning I was trying to change the bandwidth and impedance of the probe to a value that's not specified for the probe.  Now I am trying to figure out how to get the channel to measure current and not voltage...

Thanks 🙂

The TPP0500 is not a current probe, you can only measure voltage with it.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,081 Views)

Sorry, I should have been way more clear.  I am writing a program so that I can change if the channel is measuring voltage or current which I figured out how to do using the CH<X>:YUNIts command.

What I do have is a CWT PEM Regowski Current Waveform Transducer measuring the current.  Manually, I go to Probe Setup and under Probe Type I set it to voltage and tell it to measure current and adjust it to 20 mV/A.  This is now where I am at.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,071 Views)