From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure VISA I/O name filter programmatically

Is there any way to configure the VISA I/O name filter programmatically? Specifically I want to configure the instruments listed on "Limit Instrument Types." After looking around for awhile and not finding anything I kind of Rube Goldberged around it by using show and hide controls.

Is there a better way? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,516 Views)

I can't find any. I've had trouble with setting the VISA class to something more specific than Instr (right-click, Select VISA Class, ...) - then every constant or terminal needs to be set to the same class, or type-cast/coerced to the more specific class. Perhaps use "VISA Find Resource" and populate combobox strings. Strings coerce nicely enough to VISA Resource Name.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,470 Views)

Yeah I have had the same annoyances as you have with the VISA class. The filter avoids those problems while still presenting correct behavior for the user interface.

I have tried things like you suggested with the list box before, but I think it looks a little worse on the screen, and you don't have the nifty refresh button(though I guess you could code one). 

It just seems bizzare that this should be anything more complicated than setting a property node. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,465 Views)