LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure TEDS returns error -200741 but TEDS VIs return bitstream

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to LV2014 and my TEDS accelerometers stopped working.  I can see the TEDS data when I select the channel (first attachment), but when I try to configure TEDS channels like I used to I get an error (second attachment). 

I checked the TEDS version per the KB article here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/124262C86031C95886257538005DFB91 .  It's version 33C.  I can also pull the TEDS bitstream off with the channels using the DAQmx VIs, but can't configure TEDS (third attachment). That should work with MAX and with the DAQmx TEDS VIs, but it doesn't.

Anyone having similar issues?  Any ideas?

Thanks.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,414 Views)

Aaaaand I forgot the attachments...

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,413 Views)

I"ve noticed some other people posting issues with TEDS recently.  Anyone know if there is a common bug between them?

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,382 Views)

Oh and I'm using an NI 9234 module in a cDAQ 9188 chassis.  The accelerometers are PCB model 352.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,360 Views)

Hi testingHotAir,

MAX can only read TEDS sensors that are version 1.0 and higher. If you're not sure what version your TEDS sensor is, you can find out in LabVIEW by using the node as it's configured in the KnowledgeBase article Error -200741 Occurred at Configure TEDS. The KnowlegeBase also outlines how to proceed if your TEDS sensor version is below 1.0.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,342 Views)

Thank you for the response.

Version number is 33.  Version letter is C.  These worked fine when using developer suite 2013.

I am able to configre TEDS channels in max if I select TEDS from the channel type drop down.  This will not work for my application, however, as I will need to create a new task every time we move an accelerometer.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,328 Views)

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same trouble with an NI-4461 and a PCB TLD352C33.

JW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,988 Views)

Hi hiharos,

Could you provide a bit more background on the symptoms that you are seeing with your system?

Thanks,

Mitchell Faltin

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,978 Views)

Hello Mitchell,

When I connect a PCB TLD352C33 accelerometer to our PXI-4461 I get the same error -200741 in NI MAX as TestingHotAir (second attachment). According to PCB it uses template 25 of IEEE 1451.4. A Dytran 3056B1T accelerometer, which uses the same template, connects with no problems.

We, the Dutch MoD Calibration Centre, built a new accelerometer test station around the NI PXI-4461 (and Python software) because of it's ability to program TEDS. I hope you can shed some light on this problem, cause now I have to disappoint our customers when they want their PCB accelerometers reprogrammed.

Thanks,

Jan Willem Horsman

Senior Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,973 Views)

Do you still get that error without using the TEDS functionality? Can you read normal and accurate accelerator readings from the device?

Have you tried running the tests and configuring TEDS from the DAQmx drivers and LabVIEW API?

Also, you might try posting this question here for more visibility. Be sure to reference this forum if you do.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,965 Views)