From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config Data Registry Error (LV RT 8.2.1)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am getting an error #1 (which I realize is a universal code) on the Config Data Registry.vi : invalid object 0 when I try to open a config file. We wrote our own program that just loops through the NI "open-read-close" sequence vi's, so that you get an array out. We have been using this VI for years, but yesterday we started to get this error on it out of the blue. I've searched on the forums for help, and found a couple "fixes" that did not work for me. One was to make the "reset" case in the Config Data Registry.vi the default case. The other option was to add an empty array to initialize the reference array shift register. Neither of those work. I've tried replace the INI file on the PXI with a fresh version and then just reformatted the PXI to start over... That didn't work either.

The thing that makes this the most difficult is that the error doesn't present when the laptop is running the code on the PXI; only when the PXI is completely running by itself does the problem occur. I did however, narrow it down to the "get data" case in the Config Data Registry.vi; it checks for a reference to be in the shift reg array and if it doesn't find it, spits out a "-1" which then causes the fault. The initial case is the "register" case, which puts the refnum into the shift reg array (I'm not sure exactly why or how this VI works, just that it has up till yesterday).

Any help would be appreciated!

Config Read.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,434 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RMaso

Its going to be tough to work on that 8.6 style version ini API (There was a major overhaul of that palatte in 2009 and the versions never played well together)

That being said: making changes to vi lib is probably going to cause more trouble.  I would suspect someone accidentally corrupted the vilib on the PXI and would see if their is a known good backup around before going further.

Looking at you code picture.  I would strongly recommend getting that reference on a Shift register instead of tunnels into and out of the auto-indexing for loop.  you'll have some strange things happen to you if Key Array is empty.  Which, may actually be the cause of the original problem since the reference won't close and the file won't write in that case!  With an empty array the for loop will execute zero times and the rereernce out tunnel will have a default value "Not a refnum"  a SR fixes that.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,421 Views)