LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conductance (current) Measurement vs Time with SR830

Dear all. 

I'm totally new to lock-in amplifier as well as LabVIEW. We have the Stanford Research SR830 in our lab and I want to setup an experiment to measure the conductance (or current) versus time. The conductance I want to measure is in the order of 1 nS. I have read many papers and they used lock-in amplifier for the measurement, sometime with the preamplifier. Most of the time they put a modulated voltage of frequency 10 to 100 Hz, amplitude 30mV to the drain and the source of the device. Though I am not sure how they set up the experiment. 

It would be really appreciated that you could suggest me a setup for the measurement? Any other instrument is required? 

Thank you very much. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,996 Views)

Hi ncthanh1986,

I would not know how to set up an experiment with your specific piece of hardware, this might be something you would ask Stanford Research or consult the manual.

Instrument wise, the way to get the measurements from your SR830 to LabVIEW would be to have either a GPIB or RS-232 interface. National Instruments offers both of these interfaces with USB if needed.

Once you have the measurement in LabVIEW, you will be able to calculate the conductance in software.

Hope this helps!

Robert R. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,952 Views)

And Help>Find Instrument Drivers will get you a LabVIEW driver installed onto your Instrument I/O palette. There should then be an example (Help>Examples>Hardware Input and Output>Instrument Drivers>LabVIEW Plug and Play).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,947 Views)

Thanks everyone for helping me. 

I will contact Stanford Research regarding the experiment setup. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,917 Views)