LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer shut off during LabVIEW aquisition

I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this error before, but I am currently trying to aquire data through two NI DAQ boards ( 4 analog channels in one and 2 in the second) via a simple LabVIEW program where the data is aquired every 60 minutes for a total of 10 seconds each time. This is written into a for loop but each time I try to run this program the computer will unexpectidely shut off after 8 or 9 hours. I am trying to run this program for a total of 48 hours. In addition I am currently writing out the data into a file that appends each time. 

I have double checked settings on the computer itself but I have not had any success keeping the computer on while running the program. There are no errors when I restore the computer from a sleep mode, so I don't know if the program itself is causing the computer to shut down. 

I have attached the .vi. 

If there is anyone that has any suggestions or has encountered this problem before and might be able to help that would be very useful. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,028 Views)

There are no errors when I restore the computer from a sleep mode,

Tells us the problem is not with your vi (Not that there are not problems with your vi- there are!  Enable the conditional terminal of the for loop, lose the Quit primitive and, clean up your tasks!)

But, if you are going to sleep, you have the wrong OS power management settings

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,025 Views)

You say the computer shuts down but then you say you restore it from a sleep mode.  Which is it, does the computer shut down or go to sleep?  If it's sleeping you need to change your power management settings.  This does not appear to be a LabVIEW issue.

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,999 Views)