LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer doesn't see HDD 8264 RAID Disk

Hi All,

So, I  am trying to stream data from a NI5761/PXIe 7965 FPGA via a NI 8262 to a HDD8264 Hard Drive. Unfortunately, although I am getting a green light for a link on the 8262 I do not see the location of the hard drive in 'My Computer'.

I have another system (different chassis/controller) with essentially identical setup (seperate NI8262) and I was hoping to be able to use the same HDD 8264 drive for both simply by switching the cable between the two. On the other setup I am able to see the drive and stream data to it just fine.. I'm not sure why the current system is not recognizing the hard drive. Is this something that is not allowed (switching between different systems w/ same Hard Drive)?

I have tried looking through various installation manuals but was unable to find anything of assistance.. I am also not sure if this is the right location for this question but didn't see exactly where it belongs. If you have suggestions on other forums please let me know!

Best

Nolan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,928 Views)

Hey Nolan,

I think the best place for a RAID question would be on the PXI board, you'd probably get more help if you posted your question there. I do have a couple of thoughts that might help. First off, have you tried booting into the BIOS to see if the hard drive is seen at that level? Second, are you using an embedded controller, or are you connecting to a computer via MXI? Last but not least, have you made sure you're using the same drivers on both systems?

It'd be best to make a new post in the PXI forum after checking on these things. Include the information when you do make the new post.

Cason

Applications Engineering, NI

Cassandra Longley
Senior Technical Support Engineer - FlexRIO, High Speed Serial and VRTS
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,886 Views)

So I was able to solve the problem and it was really quite simple. I did see the HDD 8264 in the BIOS and configured it in the MegaRAID utility. That didn't have it show up but I noticed that it appeared as a foreign disk in the Computer Management. All I had to do was right click and import it... I now see the drive show up in file manager. 

Nolan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,873 Views)