LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Hangs when downloading vi to pocket pc

Hi!
I realize this problem is identical to the one posted here; but the solution offered doesn't seem to work on my system.
I'm running WinXP SP2,  installed embedded visual C++ 4.0; Sp3 for that as well; and the SDK for PocketPC 2003. I then installed Labview PDA.
I've created a simple VI that loops and displays the loop index as a sort of test for the PDA connection. I connect the PDA, open ActiveSync and connect, open Labview, set Execution target to PocketPC 2003 device, and try to build and download. The build finishes fine but the download causes the labview window to stop responding and have be closed from the task manager. It hangs as soon as beginning the download phase. I also notice something like 50% CPU usage by cemgr.exe in the task manager - I know WinCE is the mobile version, so don't know if this tells you anything. After clsoing labview and trying to build/download again, another instance of cemgr.exe is greated which also takes about 50% CPU usage [so between the two they hog the processor]
If I go to Tools-Build for PDA it completes fine.
If I go to Operate-Donwload Application, it freezes.
The suggestion at the link above says to go to tools-configure pocket pc device-pocket pc 2003 device - properties - test [my settings are activesync for both]. When doing so, I get an error message saying:

Unable to connect <-- Window header
"The Microsoft ActiveSync reported the following error: Unable to load device side components.
Please check server configuration settings."

But in normal ActiveSync, I know I can connect to and tranfer files to and from the PDA.

Any thoughts/suggestions as to this issue? Nothing I've run into on any tech forum online seems to solve the problem [Including uninstalling everything, reinstalling SP1 & SP2 for XP, and then reinstalling everything]

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,146 Views)

Hey,

Are you using LabVIEW 7.0 by any chance. If so then the patch in the following KB will fix the problem:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/CC8C50E31ED15D3386256D9C0059F376?OpenDocument 

Hope this helps,

Ankita

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,140 Views)
Sorry, forgot to mention - Labview 7.1; PDA 7.1

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,136 Views)

Ah, I think I've found the problem - my PDA is running PocketPC 2002, not 2003.

The manual for PDA has no mention of 2002; and I know LV 7.0 runs PPC 2002.

Is LV 7.1 PDA backwards compatible to PPC 2002?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,134 Views)
LV 7.1 is not compatible with 2002.

(3,126 Views)