LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computation of Rotation matrix for a set of 3d points in space

Hello,

i'm wondering if already exists some example about the calculation of the Rotation matrix and Translation Vector given 3 points A-B-C in 3D space that are to be considered as markers of a rigid body, if the object is moved in space the points will become A'-B'-C' and have new coordinates. I want to calculate R and T from the knowledge of A B C and A' B' C' coords in a way that i can apply R and T to all points to calculate their new positions (P'=PR+T).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,939 Views)

Have a look at the Geomertry VIs

You can rotate 3D points using euler angles or directional cosines.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,937 Views)

Also, if you have access to the LabVIEW Robotics Module, you have the following functions available:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372983C-01/lvrobovi/transforms_pal/

Those functions allow you operate with Rotation and Translation Matrices.

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,912 Views)

i've seen VIs... but seems there is nothing to compute a rototranslational matrix from knowing a set of three points in space............

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,896 Views)

Ah, I see now what you want. You want to calculate the transformation matrix given the coordinates of initial and final points. Let me think about that...

(In the meantime, google is worth a try, e.g. here's a 2D solution of a similar problem)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,888 Views)

Thanks guys, i will take a look on it!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,863 Views)

Basically, you are looking for the most simple scenario of "inverse kinematics" so that might be a good keyword to search. Sorry, I am not familiar with all this.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,851 Views)