LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiling WinCI Query File Status.vi

WinCIQueryFileStatus.png

Every time I load or save a project, I'm shown this vi is being recompiled before any of my project vis are compiled.  Sometimes it takes several seconds before compiling moves on to my project vis.  Is this real, and if so, why does it need to keep recompiling?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,845 Views)

In LabVIEW open your file, then open tools -> options -> Source Control

Do you have anything listed for "Source control provider name"?  

National Instruments
FlexRIO & R-Series Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,820 Views)

Sorry, I should have supplied that information in the original post.  We use TFS 2010.  I should also say this isn't a serious problem, more of a curiosity.

After posting yesterday I dug into the source folder and resaved all the unprotected vis in that library.  I believe the vis were linking to a different dll.  In any event, that solved the problem.  I guess I'm a bit surprised LV had to keep recompiling the source code.  I figured the object code would have been separated, avoiding the need for a recompile every time its loaded.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,811 Views)

I believe the only way it will save files like this is if you select "Save All" from the file menu in the project explorer.  

Thanks for the update and I'm glad you got it solved. 

National Instruments
FlexRIO & R-Series Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,808 Views)

I do Save All quite often with my projects, but those particular files appear to be loaded dynamically when needed so Save All from my projects didn't affect them.  It probably would have worked if I had added that library to my project and saved, but the library itself is password protected and I'm not sure how that affects the saving of non protected member vis.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,785 Views)

I have seen the exact same issue with Perforce VIs when I do a Save All in a project context in LV2010. I can't remember the filename, but it's something analogous to the one you saw for Perforce. No matter how often I save, it always shows up as saving.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,757 Views)