From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation error - Slice LUTs size exceeded

Hi.

I am usingLabview 2015 with cRIO 9063. The compilation tool is Xilinx Vivado 2014.4. 

I am having problem with compiling my FPGA vi. Please find attached pictures of the error report. I am also attaching my FPGA Main.vi.

I am new to Labview, can someone please advise me the cause of the error and how to fix it? I believe this is caused by the numerous arithmetic function, am I right?

Thanks,

NA

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,272 Views)

The error you are seeing is due to there not being enough slice LUTs (look-up table). Basically, you are using more resources on the FPGA than can physically fit on it. Like you said, one cause of this can be numerous arithmetic functionality. Other causes of overusing the FGPA resources are discussed in this link:

How Can I optimize/Reduce FPGA Resource Usage and/or Increase Speed?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/311C18E2D635FA338625714700664816?OpenDocument

J. Calvert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,220 Views)

You may also find some good information in the High Performance FPGA Developer's Guide. It gives many of the same suggestions as the KB linked above but goes into greater detail. Taking a quick look at your VI I would probably focus on multiplexing the PID logic. If you use the PID in a SCTL in addition to multiplexing you should be able to keep your loop rate pretty high as well.

http://download.ni.com/pub/gdc/tut/labview_high-perf_fpga_v1.1.pdf

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,210 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll look into it and hopefully I would be able to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,205 Views)