LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation Error in LabVIEW FPGA

If it is absolutely imperative to compile in 2016, is it possible for you to modify your code to a smaller size and see if it is able to compile?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(745 Views)

I code that I actually need and have compiled on LabVIEW 2015 (took almost 4 hours) is 30% larger than the one LabVIEW 2016 is failing to compile.

I was planning to use NI 9145 EtherCAT chassis which needs NI EtherCAT driver 16.1. This can only be installed with LabVIEW 2016.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(743 Views)

I see. So far from you have been telling me, nothing on the software side (correct compilation tool version, 64-bit OS, enough memory) stands out as an issue. 

The most likely explanation of why you're able to compile in 2015 but not 2016 is that Xilinx Compilation Tools implements the compilation process differently between 2014.4 and 2015.4. My recommendation would be for you to start paring down your code and see at what it is specifically that prevents the code from compiling. Also, have you researched the smartheap error specifically? Can you attach a screenshot of the error? 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(723 Views)