LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility problems between LabVIEW 6.0.2 and Windows XP

I have encountered problems using LabView 6.0.2 under Windows XP and a 4 serial port board from SUNIX (PCI 4055A Multi I/O adapter).

After a few time of running, LV makes and internal fatal error and closes. I am not able to determine if the problem comes from the board or from elsewhere.

I am driving an engine via this serial adapter and got no problems using the engine dedicated software.
Does anyone have encountered this kind of problems.

Thanks,

Raoul
Raoul Chodziesner-Bonne
Ingénieur Instrumentation
CRIL TECHNOLOGY - Groupe ALYOTECH

"Celui qui pose une question peut paraitre idiot sur le moment, celui qui n'en pose pas le reste toute sa vie!"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,391 Views)
If you are able to run your VI and communicate, it means mostly the hardware is fine. The problem you mention could be due to very many different things.

Please post an example of your vi for a better understanding of the problem.
Good Luck!

Mache
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,383 Views)
I will try but it is a quite complex programm and I am not sure to be able to post it. Here is a test VI but the driver libraries for the engine need to be added. And in my global programm I am using it late but LabVIEW crashes down before calling the 4serial port adapter.

Thanks for help.

Raoul
Raoul Chodziesner-Bonne
Ingénieur Instrumentation
CRIL TECHNOLOGY - Groupe ALYOTECH

"Celui qui pose une question peut paraitre idiot sur le moment, celui qui n'en pose pas le reste toute sa vie!"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,379 Views)
LabView 6.02 was not released for windows XP(NI does not guarantee 100% compatability).
But it should be compatible most of the time.
Back in August 2004, I installed a 6.02 executable on an XP system, using traditional NIdaq 7.1. (The customer (at their facility) simply updated their old Win2000 PC to an XP)
The application accesses 3 daq cards, 2 serial ports (of the mother board) File Input/Output. The old serial driver is used (as opposed to VISA).
And, eveything is running fine.

You may want to probe more into what is casuing the error
Message 4 of 4
(2,361 Views)