From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatability Issues With Latest Version of DAQmx

Solved!
Go to solution

This one has got me stumped, so I thought I would go to the message boards.

I am running some equipment that returns a voltage thru a NI USB-6361. The company that has hired me was using an older version of LabView (I cannot tell you which one, 2012 I think). Further, they are using DAQmx 9.5.5, which came with the USB-6361. My problem is getting my computer to A)recongnize the USB and B)still keep all my DAQmx VI Icons when I am programming. If I roll back the DAQmx software ti 9.5.5, I lose my Icons, but if I stay with DAQmx 9.9 I can see the USB in MAX, but that is it. In MAX I cannot create a task or anything. It shows it as "Not present"  I am using LabView 2013, and I have done everything I can think of. Has anyone had this problem? How do I fix it. I thought DAQmx 9.9 was supposed to be compatable with this device. Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,261 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mech_eng_87

Have a look at this:

Compatibility LabVIEW & DAQmx

If you are using LabVIEW 2013 then you need to have at least DAQmx 9.7.5.

Regards, Jens

EDIT: And yes, DAQmx 9.9 should be compatible with your USB 6361

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,256 Views)
Well that explains it. I guess I need to figure out why I cannot access the USB 6361. Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,225 Views)