LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing GPS coordinates

Hello,

First of all, I am pretty new to LabVIEW so sorry if the methods I use are very devious.

For an assignment that I'm doing, I am working with agricultural field data that is coupled to gps coordinates. I have two data sets (A and B) with both an latitude and longitude and the corresponding parameters, both in a separate array. Some of these parameters have to be multiplied by each other, but the problem is that the one data set has other coordinates than the other, and also much less. Therefore the array sizes do not match which means I cannot multiply them. For the dataset A with the most gps data points (>4000 points) I want to select the closest gps datapoint of the other dataset B (<300 points). Calculating the distance between the coordinates in this case is simply subtracting one coordinate from the other. However, in order to select the closest data point of B for each element of A, the difference of each separate element A with all elements of B has to be known. Now I'm struggling with the for loops, and getting the thing to work properly. The output is now an array with the right dimensions, but everey element has the same value. 

Attached is the code I created so far. 

Hope you guys can help me!

Arjen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,705 Views)

Solved it already

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,685 Views)