From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare previous values of a control?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! I am communicating with hardware via GPIB. I am trying to reconstruct software to control the device. Unfortunately, the GPIB bus becomes "clogged" with many nearly synchronous calls to the GPIB. In order to resolve this, I would like to only query the GPIB if a control on the front panel has been changed by the user. For instance, to change a time constant, the user alters the value within the time constant front panel control. A moment later, a query is sent to display what the device has the time constant set as. I would like this query to the device to only be sent if the user has actually changed the time constant control value. All of the calls are looped in a while loop. Is there a simple, light-weight way of checking if a control value has been changed? Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,255 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jfherrm
The event structure is your best friend here. Use a value change event for the control(s).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,246 Views)