From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CompactRio software error, safe mode, Staus light 4 flashes per second

My cRio 9204 was running fine for the past weeks. But this saturday it stopped working and Status light showing 4 flashes per second. 

I opened MAX, and the cRio was in safe mode (sofeware error)

I tried to reformat the controller and reinstall the software. It did not fix the problem. 

After I reformatted the controller, the Status lights were flashing twice per second (The controller has detected an error in its software)

After I installed the software,  the Status lights were flashing 4 times per second (The controller software has crashed twice without rebooting or cycling power between crashes).

the Error log showed the memory was mostly free, so it was not memeory problem. 

I am using LabView 2013 SP1, Real Time 13.0.1, CompactRio 13.1 Feb-2014, scan mode. The cRio is doing data logging and is running without PC connected. The TDMS file is saved in USB.  Everyday a startup Vi will automatically run when there is power. Today when I check the TDMS file , I fould out it stopped recording at Saturday noon, and cRio was in error. 

What could the problem be, what tests could I run to figure out the error is? Any idea would be appreciated. I have attached the error log to this message

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,446 Views)

I am sorry but it should be cRio 9024, not 9204.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,342 Views)

The problem appears to be something is wrong with the hardware. I recommend that you contact National Instruments about getting the cRIO repaired. Have a great day.

Alex D
Systems Engineer
Academic Research
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,316 Views)