LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication protocol between CompactDAQ and LabVIEW

I am working with Intel who wants to integrate some machine-to-machine (M2M) middleware in our current LabVIEW test stand setup. He wants to replace our desktop machine with an Intel gateway machine. He is unfamiliar with LabVIEW and was wondering what is the communication protocol used to transfer data between the CompactDAQ and the LabVIEW program on the PC. I didn't know and thought I would ask here. I know that LabVIEW can have different protocols setup from the VI itself but am not familiar with the protocol to get the data into NI Max or LabVIEW.

FYI, on our test stand, we are using the NI-9174 with LabVIEW 2014 on a Windows 7 desktop. Thanks in advance.

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,471 Views)

I'm pretty sure it is a proprietary protocol that DAQmx uses.

I would replace the cDAQ-9174 with a cRIO chassis.  Then you can create your own protocol on top of TCP/IP and code it up in the RT of the cRIO.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,468 Views)

Hey Alex,

Can you provide more information about the problem you are trying to solve?

If the desire to to use a programming language other than LabVIEW, DAQmx also has support for C/C++, C#, and Visual Basic (http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5409/en/).

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,447 Views)