LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication issues with COM port

Thanks!  This tells me it is a non-SCPI compliant device, so the *OPC? command will not work.  This also tells me that it may not even respond to a command to read the STB.  The other thing that tells me this, of course, is that you are getting a timeout when trying to do so.

There seems to be some query commands included with the command set.  See if you can implement those instead.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(789 Views)
STB and OPC are GPIB functions. You have to use the DON? query per the manual.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(774 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
STB and OPC are GPIB functions. You have to use the DON? query per the manual.

You can send them via VISA?  I thought they could only be reached through the GPIB palette?

I guess I was just being dumb about things.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(770 Views)
No, VISA can read them. The main point I wanted to make is that the functions are defined by IEEE-488.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(766 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
No, VISA can read them. The main point I wanted to make is that the functions are defined by IEEE-488.

And I was being particularly dumb because I remember you saying that a couple of times and I keep forgetting!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(758 Views)

Thanks for all your comments!

I can indeed use the MONO-?DONE command to verify if the device is done or not. But, if it is busy, it cannot display the 1/0 value in the buffer, because it is busy. Is this true? Or am I completely misunderstanding something?

I now temporarily solved the issue by estimating the waiting time based on the input parameters - it's a bit cumbersome though, and certainly not the most time-efficient solution.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(730 Views)
It may well be a limitation of the instrument. I would check with the vendor. I don't think it is a problem with LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(723 Views)