LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between Lab view and Controller via USB

USB communication between C8051F320 and Lab View. I try doing methods given in the NI site(http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4478) and atlast, it gives me error −1073807302 so if any one can answer my question please do post me the details concerned to it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,329 Views)
You should look at this.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,315 Views)
Thanks for replying.
I have already gone through the link which you had sent.  I use Silicon Laboratories Version 2.8.
1.In Measurement and automation Explorer i am not  able to find USB drivers while USB is being detected by the system Why??.Is it the problem with Measurement and automation Explorer. If yes how to rectify.
2.In MAX , devices and interfaces ->USB drivers ->right click ->Open VISA test Panel ->Basic I/O->Read ->execute i get the error
   -1073807302 Why??
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,302 Views)
How is the device identified by the windows device manager? Is it an NI-VISA USB device?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,287 Views)
The device is identified as 'USB I/O Controlled devices' in the device manager.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,276 Views)
Then I don't think that you were successfull in using the Instrument Driver Wizard. The wizard creates an inf file but in order for the VISA inf file to be read by windows, you cannot have another inf file for the device. Looking at the other posts where others have used the device, it is my understanding that the device comes with a dll and I would assume an inf file for the device to be recognized by windows. You should only need the VISA wizard when you don't already have a driver for the device. And, if you do delete the inf file, the associated pnf file, and driver that came with the device, you have to use USB RAW to communicate to it. If you have this level of detail from the vendor, then you can probably get it to work. It's been my experience though, that using a provided dll and the Call Library Function Node is simpler.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,273 Views)
Thanks for the suggestion. I am able to create NI -VISA USB Device using the wizard and i am able to communicate with the device but i have a problem. I can transmit data from the host (PC) to the device but when i try to receive from the device i get an error .The error is as follows:

Error -1073807302 occurred at VISA Read in USBRawBulkMain.vi
Possible reason(s):
VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF003A) Unable to start operation because setup is invalid (due to attributes being set to an inconsistent state).

I am using the example VI. The link from where i downloaded is as follows: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3622
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,269 Views)

My devices show up as NI-VISA USB but I'm not sure if that makes a difference and I'm not using USB RAW either. One thing that you can run is a VISA Property node like below and see what it reports. Also, what version of VISA are you using? If you are not using 4.0, you can download it from http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/webcategories/85256410006C055586256BBB002C0E91?opendocument&node=1....

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 01-31-2007 07:29 AM

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,252 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I am using NI-VISA 3.4 so i have downloaded V4.0.

In V3.4 i am not able to set the bulk out pipe and bulk in pipe according to my requirements how do i do it. I tried using the property node to set the above properties. I also tried to set them using MAX ->Devices and interfaces -> USB drivers ->right click-> open VISA test panel. i get the same error for both (-1073807302).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,229 Views)
Hey,

The cause of the error may be the bit length of the message. Can you make sure that the bit length of the messages you're writing are within spec? This KB goes over the reason for that error.

Nick D.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,196 Views)