LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating via Ethernet with Eaton module

@Kniswonger wrote:

I found this example program, would it be applicable to what I'm trying to do? https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/Using-TCP-Functions-to-Connect-to-a-HTTP-Server-in-LabVIEW/ta-...

By typing in the IP address in a web browser, I'm able to see Eaton's software and view/change all of the registers. What I want to do is find a way to write those values into an excel spreadsheet. Could I do that with the VI on the attached link?

There are shipped examples with LabVIEW on reading/writing to Excel.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(597 Views)

One last question...I'm going to just purchase Labview Full so that I can have access to tech support and all of the training documents. NI seems to think I'll need the DSC add-on for what I'm doing with it. But I don't think the Eaton module is truly a PLC. Do I really need the add-on to get this system to work properly?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(586 Views)

The DSC module has Modbus TCP support built-in, and I would imagine is a well refined solution compared to the modbus library.  If you don't want to spend a lot of time trying to figure out the protocol, then it may be a good investment for you.  But, if you want to do the protocol yourself, you have no need for it.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(582 Views)

Thanks Matthew, looks like I'll try to convince my company to purchase it as well as the Labview software. Hopefully it will be easier to work with!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(580 Views)