From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicate with Omron PLC

Hi, All LV Experts.

I have 1 project which require using LV 8.2 to communicate with Omron PLC model CJ1M-CPU11, surf around & found out that require using IA OPC server which I don't have & do not plan to invest on it.
So, seek for other advise on how to develop such project without using OPC Server.  The project is to monitor & sending data to PLC memory through RS-232 as what OPC server did.
Hope to get any suggestion....

Thanks in advance.
Steven Koay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,541 Views)
What protocol does the serial port use for data transmission?? There is an NI Modbus library that you can download. Maybe you could buy a card for the plc that supports modbus. Maybe a third party device that converts the Omron protocol to Modbus?? How much data do you need to read and how fast??

Message Edited by unclebump on 05-30-2007 04:27 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,529 Views)

StevenK wrote:
Hi, All LV Experts.

I have 1 project which require using LV 8.2 to communicate with Omron PLC model CJ1M-CPU11,
 ... how to develop such project without using OPC Server.  ...

You may want to take a look at a download available at MrPLC.com that allows the CJ1M to serve as a modbus slave via the CPU's serial port.  I think it's also available somewhere from Omron.  Haven't used it myself.

<snip>
The Slave Interface allows the use of CS1G/H and CJ1G/H/M to be used like a slave device of MODBUS network. The PLC responds to the commands of a Master MODBUS device connected to the CPU RS232 port of an OMRON CS1/CJ1 PLC.  The Slave Interface responds to commands 03H (reading from data memory) and 10H (writing to data memory).
<snip>

=====================================================
Fading out. " ... J. Arthur Rank on gong."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,515 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,369 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,798 Views)

It looks like that article has moved again. Does anyone know where it might be now?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,251 Views)