LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicate with Omron PLC

Hi, All LV Experts.

I have 1 project which require using LV 8.2 to communicate with Omron PLC model CJ1M-CPU11, surf around & found out that require using IA OPC server which I don't have & do not plan to invest on it.
So, seek for other advise on how to develop such project without using OPC Server.  The project is to monitor & sending data to PLC memory through RS-232 as what OPC server did.
Hope to get any suggestion....

Thanks in advance.
Steven Koay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,546 Views)
What protocol does the serial port use for data transmission?? There is an NI Modbus library that you can download. Maybe you could buy a card for the plc that supports modbus. Maybe a third party device that converts the Omron protocol to Modbus?? How much data do you need to read and how fast??

Message Edited by unclebump on 05-30-2007 04:27 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,534 Views)

StevenK wrote:
Hi, All LV Experts.

I have 1 project which require using LV 8.2 to communicate with Omron PLC model CJ1M-CPU11,
 ... how to develop such project without using OPC Server.  ...

You may want to take a look at a download available at MrPLC.com that allows the CJ1M to serve as a modbus slave via the CPU's serial port.  I think it's also available somewhere from Omron.  Haven't used it myself.

<snip>
The Slave Interface allows the use of CS1G/H and CJ1G/H/M to be used like a slave device of MODBUS network. The PLC responds to the commands of a Master MODBUS device connected to the CPU RS232 port of an OMRON CS1/CJ1 PLC.  The Slave Interface responds to commands 03H (reading from data memory) and 10H (writing to data memory).
<snip>

=====================================================
Fading out. " ... J. Arthur Rank on gong."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,520 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,374 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,803 Views)

It looks like that article has moved again. Does anyone know where it might be now?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,256 Views)