LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments inside INI-File?

Sigh. Guess I have to learn a bit about llb files. The file that I attached to my previous posting probably won't work properly since all of the sub-VIs are still linked to the Config.llb file found in the LabView installation directory.

If you want to see what I did, open the llb file and then open the "String To Config Data.vi".

Now I'll go figure out how the heck to properly copy a llb file so that the internal references are consistant (i.e. relative instead of absolute).Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(3,260 Views)
Use the VI Library manager (available from the menu).

What I did (6 years ago, still using it): Extract the llb to a directory.
Drag them all into an new vi. Use VI Server to rename and save all VI's in
memory (provided the new empty vi is the only vi that was in memory).

This might not work with the new polymorphic vi's though.

Regards,

Wiebe.

Message 12 of 17
(3,242 Views)
Dear Sir:
Could you convert the gbConfig.llb to LabView 7.1 Version.
Many thanks.
Jerry

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(3,113 Views)
Jerry,

Unfortunalty you can not save a .llb file created in LabVIEW 8.2.1 for LabVIEW 7.1.  To open cgConfig.llb you will need either LabVIEW 8.2.1 or LabVIEW 8.5.
Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(3,088 Views)

Dear Sir:

Thanks for your rsponse.

We don't have a plan to upgrade our labview 7.1 to labview 8.

I will try another way to solve this problem.

Regards,

Jerry

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(3,078 Views)
Even though I can't create a 7.1 version of the LLB, the change is pretty trival. Attached are images of two block diagrams. The first is RemoveComments.vi. This is the VI that scans through a string and removes comments starting at an arbitrarilly defined comment character up to the end of line.

The second block diagram is the existing String to Config Data.vi that is in Config.llb showing where I inserted RemoveComments.vi (at the very beginning of the block diagram).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(3,063 Views)

A very easy fix: Ini value with comments.png

You can replace the ';' with anything you want(C# lovers could use \\ as indication for comments)

Ps: First post 😄

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(2,547 Views)