From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line arguemts expansion at run time

Exactly that is my point. Do you have any link regarding that. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 31
(763 Views)

Hi Ranjeet,

you should have noted your point in the beginning...

No, I don't have a link at hand, but you can search the forum for "OpenG" and "Pipes"...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 31
(761 Views)

May be my words were not correct.

Thanks for your concern.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 31
(759 Views)

Ranjeet_Singh ha scritto:

Hello all,

I am programming PIC IC using command line and passing arguments. In that If I pass the complete syntax then it does all the process and ends with programming. Now I do have a requirement in which I need to program multiple ICs. 

My command line syntax is 

cmd /c ICD3CMD /P18F26K22 /E /M /F"D:A.hex"  -- This will do all the job from starting to end.

Here programming is done using argument M/F"D:A.hex"

When I need to program multiple ICs then I only need to pass M/F"D:A.hex" as arguments to system exec. How to achevie this? 

It's very likely that M/F"D:A.hex" as an argument of a command line program is not valid.

Try with /M /F"D:A.hex".

The full command line would be

cmd /c ICD3CMD /M /F"D:A.hex"

I'm suggesting this without knowing anything about the programming application.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 31
(750 Views)

pincpanther..I just want to tell about argument....

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 31
(748 Views)

I don't understand. I was talking about the argument too.

So what's the full command line you are trying?

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 31
(748 Views)

See my fisrst post. That is complete syntax. 

/M/F"A.hex" is the arguments that need to be passed each time.

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 31
(739 Views)

Hi Ranjeet,

you cannot call SystemExec with just arguments. You have to give a full command with it's argument!

When you have to submit new arguments again and again, then what's the problem in calling the (full) command repeatedly?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 31
(735 Views)

Sounds like this may be something similar to what mySQL does when you start a command line session by running mysql.exe....The command prompt changes to

mysql>

until you type 'exit'....which returns you back to standard prompt.  Sending another command to SystemExec using only parameters is not going to use the existing session.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 31
(721 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Ranjeet,

you cannot call SystemExec with just arguments. You have to give a full command with it's argument!

When you have to submit new arguments again and again, then what's the problem in calling the (full) command repeatedly?

This take 25 sec each time. When I will pass the only arguments which needs to be passed each time then it will take 2-4 sec.. Becasue if I pass all the argument each time it does all the thing from initialization till programming which lasts for 25 sec. Only programming takes 2-4 sec.

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 31
(710 Views)