From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining multiple spreadsheets into one workbook with excel

Im working on a project that requires a workbook with all the raw and calculated data merged into one excel workbook. Currently I have all the sheets saved separately but for the life of me can't figure anything out from the examples i've seen so far. How would I Initially go about doing this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,223 Views)

Hi SnowLeopard,

Take a look at this post and see if it helps you get started in the right direction:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Multiple-Excel-Sheets-Compiled-to-One-Workbook/td-p/259560

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,200 Views)

Why save the spreadsheets separately?  Can you combine them from the gitgo using the Report Generation toolkit.  How are you collecting the data?  Is the data entry done manually or is it automated?  From your post, it seems you collect the data by some other means other than with LV, but you want to merge the data with LV, correct?

Take a look at the example finder if you haven't done so.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,198 Views)

HIi MoReese,

I intend to resurrect this old post as I am kind of stumble upon same thing,

I know how to generate excel reports with multiple sheets but I am in circumstances where its not possible to do so. This leads me to have multiple workbooks(being certain its 6) having 1 sheet each. Now I want all of them to combine into one workbook. Is such things possibe using labview ??

Your help will be truly appreciated.:)

CLAD
Passionate for LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,156 Views)

With RGT you can create one excel workbook with multiple sheets.  Do you have RGT?  If not, you can use Active X to create/manipulate the spreadsheets; although, this will take a bit more work.  With existing spreadsheets, you can copy the contents into a 2-D array and move them into the main spreadsheet.  This is one way to do it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,132 Views)

Yes I do have RGT.Reading spreadsheets and appending it is not an option to me as of its too large to hold up in memory. 

CLAD
Passionate for LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,107 Views)

Hi jatinpatel1489,

Without copying the data from an excel sheet and merging that excel sheet to another workbook is not possible.

Regards,

SrikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,077 Views)