LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining 2 analog outputs going wrong

Okay I'm sorry. 

Here's what I tried: I've put everything in the while loop, but once I tried to run it, it directly pops up a error and the program is stopped.
The pop up says:

Error 10014 occured at ULx Timing(Sample Clock).VI
Possible reasons:

Measurements: Specified operation cannot be performed while the task is running.

In attachment the program.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(832 Views)

The error clearly states that you cannot change the timing of the analog output without stopping and restarting the task. 

But I don't know why you have the Sample Clock timing VI within the while loop.  You are never actually changing the timing since the timing parameters are calculated before the loop even starts.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(825 Views)

I've tried the program with Sample Clock outside the while loop, but the same error occured. So I'm a little bit stuck on that point Smiley Frustrated 

Is there any way to divide this to signals or to implement a control inside the while loop?

I'm sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm still a beginner at this

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(822 Views)

Is there a reason you want to change the sample rate of the outgoing analog signals?  I think if you do, then you need to use the stop task, sample clocks, then start task inside a case structure inside the loop that way it only executes those functions when you want to change the frequency.  You can check the LabVIEW help for DAQmx examples that show how to do this.  Of course that is a different driver and doesn't apply exactly in your case.  But the ULx driver by Measurement Computing was redesigned some years ago to resemble the DAQmx driver.  So you may be able to use the DAQmx examples as a guide.

I've used the ULx driver in the past, and also the older UL driver (which looked more like the older, traditional, NI-DAQ driver.)  But I don't have those drivers installed or any MCC device at the moment to be able to play with them.

I'm not sure what you mean by "divide this to signals".

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(806 Views)