From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine one graph from multiple measurement

Hi all,

I have Agilent VSA E4406A, which is a transmitter signal analyzer. The maximum span is 10 MHz in basic spectrum analysis mode. I would like to make a labview GUI, in which I could set the start frequency and stop frequency , e.g. 2400 MHz -2500MHz. The spectrum would be established by making 10 x 10 MHz measurements in order to provide the 100 MHz span.  I am able to acquire the 10 MHz trace data from the VSA, but does anyone have an idea what would be the most convenient way to collect the data from these 10 measurements and then show the full 100 MHz data in a single graph. I have thinked of using some array in which I would concatenate all the measurements and then show the full array data in a graph, but is that the way to go?

Regards,

Roste

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,171 Views)
Basically yes, but with large arrays it's better to preinitialize the array and then replace the preinitialized elements with the real data as it is acquired.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,147 Views)

Hi Roste,

As Mike already pointed out, you can basically get the chart by concatenating the 10 values in an array, but it's adviced to use initialized arrays when working with a large number of data.

I encourage you to take a look at this page for more information on arrays:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7571/en/

And I also would like to point out (if you aren't using them already) that a plug and play driver is provided for the E4406A device. The driver software can be found here:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=2359

Best regards,

Rasmus Pettersson
Application Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,099 Views)