LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine I/Q Data from NI USB 6381

Hi All

I am collecting a signal over 2 channels from USB 6381 one channel represent the I and the other represents the Q.

How can I combine I/Q data to optain the spectrum again?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,594 Views)

Hi,

Can you tell me a bit more about your application? Are you referring to the NI USB 6281? Are you able to read the data in successfully? Where is the data you are reading in being generated? Lastly, are you using LabVIEW? I'll continue to look for how this could be done programmatically.

Regards,

Finch Train

Notes for Branch AE:
Please reply to This Post within 24 hours
The US AE is expected to reply to all of your posts within 24 hours. Having this expectation will keep the escalation moving quickly and toward a fast resolution.

You can also use other communication channels: Phone, Skype, etc. to discuss the issue with the US AE. This can help with troubleshooting and quick diagnosis of the issue.

Click here to provide kudos for a post on this page
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,515 Views)

Hi

Thank you for your reply, I am receiving a signal over a superheterodyne transceiver through an I/Q demodulator into 2 channels in the NI USB 6281, I am able to read the data in successfully from each channel. What I am trying to do now is to merge the data from both channels to obtain the spectrum. Yes I am using LabVIEW.

Again thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,510 Views)

The DAQ gives you time domain info. It sounds like you are looking for frequency domain information (spectrum). The simple way to do that is to take the FFT of the data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,506 Views)