From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting data from advantech-usb4704 with two different apps at the same time

I wonder if I can access to Advantech-4704 with two different applications at the same time?
I use this block in my vis.

daqblok.PNG

I have enough ports, but inputs are needed in completely different applications. Do I have to close one of them or can they run simultaneously?

Thankyou!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,071 Views)

I'm not familiar with that specific Advantech block, but usually you cannot access the same device from multiple applications simultaneously. Did you try it out? You'll probably get an error on the error out terminal if it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,047 Views)

Dear gtu,

as nathand said, usually it is not supported to access the same physical resource simultaneously from multiple programs. In case of DAQmx for instance, you will get an error message which says that the resource is already reserved. I suppose the same would happen with your driver, however it might be worth a try.

One workaround could be however if you revise your applications and merge the codes if it is possible so that no concurent resource allocation takes place.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,029 Views)