LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coding Challenge: Inverted Pendulum

Alright, I will put together some hints for the swing up.  I will explain some of the relationships between the cart and the pendulum that should help people come up with an algorithm.  Probably will take a day or two to get them written.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 31 of 50
(1,456 Views)

I tried (1) Chrome, (2) IE8, and an (3) ftp client. In all cases, I get the same 12.7MB file which is not a valid application. 😞

I tried a few others, (simulation interface, PID, RT module) and the all download as the correct size.

Only the control design and simulation module downloads truncated. From the first byte on, the progress dialog says it's going to be 12.7MB.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 50
(1,446 Views)

Altenbach,

I found all the downloaders were precisely 132kB. When ran, I get this:

17633i193794E5AF94F369

I've zipped up the downloader and attached it to this message, see if that works for you.

Note: To get around my virus checker, I've had to rename the .exe file as a .tar file before zipping it, so you'll have to unzip first, then rename the .tar as a .exe Smiley Happy

I hope this is helpful?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 50
(1,420 Views)

Thanks Thoric, this downloader seems to work so far (still downloading the toolkit....). 🙂

So whatever it is, the NI download site is seriously broken. I tried again today, and the toolkit was still truncated at 12.7MB. (I am running W7, 64bit)

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 50
(1,396 Views)

OK, it seems the fixed the direct download link now too. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 50
(1,375 Views)

OK, I'm bitten. I've just read swing-up theory, and I'm chomping at the bit to have a go programming something up. Count me in! Smiley Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 50
(1,341 Views)

HI everybody,

this is a test.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 50
(1,326 Views)

Hi everyone,

sorry for the previous post, but I am new on the forum.

I came across this challenge and I found it very interesting, althought I am new to LV so I don't think I will be able to develop anything serious.

I wrote before a quite long introduction but when I hit post the message, the forum server replyed that I took too much time to edit my previous post, and everything I wrote went lost.

I'll rewrite something later..... Smiley Sad

That\s all by now, see you.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 50
(1,316 Views)

Hi,

I have a question for Mr Ammons.

I see in the specs you gave that the lenght of the pendulum is 0.78 m.

But in the pendulum animation (in the VI front panel) that shows the pendulum swinging, if I look at the X variable, it appears shorter, about 0.3 meters.

So, my question is: is the parameter X the real distance in meters or it should be multiplied by a factor ?

What about the other parameter w, Theta, V ?

Is the simulation referred to a generic system, that is not the real one ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 50
(1,257 Views)

The length of the pendulum really is 0.78 m.  I drew it a lot shorter in the simulation just to save space.  The rest of the parameters are correct.  The simulation matches the real system to the best of my ability.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 50
(1,253 Views)