LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code for selecting variable speeds to run a treadmill

Hi everyone,

So, I need help setting up a code for my treadmill to change speeds automatically with time. For example, is it possible to have a code set up where the treamill initally runs at 1Mph for 20 seconds and then automatically changes to 1.8 Mph for 40 seconds followed by a ramp down of 12 seconds. (total treadmill running time is 72 seconds). I don't have a lot of experience setting up codes so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Devina

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,467 Views)

Yes it is possible to do what you want -- and it's not even too hard. The best way to approach this is for you to give it a try and post your efforts for comment.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,449 Views)

Is this a commercial treadmill with some kind of interface (USB, RS232)? Then what does the manufacture manual tell you?

Or is this a treadmill that you are building? Then what kind of a motor controller have you purchased?

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,441 Views)

Hi Omar,

So it's a split belt treadill by Bertec. It's basically two belts on a treadmill where each belt can be moved at different speeds. For example, the left belt can be moved at 0.5 m/s and the right at 0.8 m/s with both running together. It has a regular program for controlling speeds but for my lab I need them to change speeds over a period of time automatically.

The manual says a remote control feature is present which can be used by creating a code either in Matlab or Labview.  They have also mentioned that treadmill has a remote.dll (C library) having the minimum functionality for connecting to the Treadmill Control Panel using API. I am basically trying to figure out what information do I need to from the company before I start writing the code.Are there any specific parameters?

Thank you,

Devina

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,401 Views)
You need a description of the functions in the dll and the.h file if you use the import wizard to create LabVIEW wrappers with the Call Library Function Node. You also need details on the physical connection (RS-232, USB, etc.).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,394 Views)

@Dkumar wrote:

It has a regular program for controlling speeds

So you already have it connected to your PC with a cable of some type (USB?, RS232? Ethernet?) and can you now control it using the Bertec "regular program" Yes/No? If not you need to get it working FIRST with the Bertec program before you even think about LabVIEW.

@Dkumar wrote: 

The manual says a remote control feature is present which can be used by creating a code either in Matlab or Labview. 

Did Bertec give you any LabVIEW code examples? Yes/No?

@Dkumar wrote:

They have also mentioned that treadmill has a remote.dll (C library) having the minimum functionality for connecting to the Treadmill Control Panel using API. 

Did Bertec provide you with any information about that remote.dll. Yes/No
Do you have a copy of the Bertec remote.dll. Yes/No
Do you have a header file from Bertec for the remote.dll? A remote.h file? Yes/No
Did Bertec provide you with any information on the "Treadmill Control Panel" API?
Omar
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,392 Views)