LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster to listbox

Hello,

I'm learning to work with LabView and I need some advice.

I'm trying to implement a VI where I can store some data in a list. My data is a mix of integer, string and boolean.

Is there a way to store clusters in a listbox? 

Or any other advice how can I accomplish it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,363 Views)

Example_VI.png

Fairly easy to go from an array of cluster to a 2D array of strings

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 12
(4,340 Views)

@notazomby wrote:

Hello,

I'm learning to work with LabView and I need some advice.

I'm trying to implement a VI where I can store some data in a list. My data is a mix of integer, string and boolean.

Is there a way to store clusters in a listbox? 

Or any other advice how can I accomplish it?

Thank you

You can store data in a cluster.

What is the intent of using a listbox?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,339 Views)

I need to display saved data. I push the button and my data are added to a table. There could be unlimited number of rows. So shift register isn't enough

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,333 Views)

@notazomby wrote:

I need to display saved data. I push the button and my data are added to a table. There could be unlimited number of rows. So shift register isn't enough

Unlimited? Do you mean "N" number of rows?

Can you show how your saved data looks like? Jeff has already provided the answer as far cluster to Table in concerned.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,329 Views)

I need it to look like that. Any ideas how to do it? I have tried for like 3 hours to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,324 Views)

@notazomby wrote:

I need it to look like that. Any ideas how to do it? I have tried for like 3 hours to do it.

Looks like an array of clusters.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,305 Views)

yes, agree. but could you please tell me how to make it dynamic so it grows when I add new elements? And I couldn't find how to make a slider to scroll it.  

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,301 Views)

@notazomby wrote:

Then attach a simple VI containing the control instead of a picture.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,300 Views)
Its an array of cluster not a Table. Just add elements to the cluster Horizontally and set the Auto sizing to "Size to fit". Pull an empty array from the FP control palette, grab the cluster and drag it to the array. Go to Visible item of the array and un-select the Index option and enable the Vertical scrollbar. You are good to go.
-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,298 Views)