cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster of buttons

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I need some help. In my example below, there are two page tabs with a cluster of three buttons inside each tab. In the block diagram, I have a while loop with an event cluster with the Cluster 1 and Cluster 2 All Elements event selected. I also have a Cluster Class wired to a property node with the Controls[] property exposed. I am trying to edit the Boolean Text of the button I pressed.

Does anyone know how to do this? I can't seem to expose the propertes I need based on which button I've clicked on. I hope I do not have to have an event for every button that is in each cluster. That would suck.

Any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am using this instead of uploading my VI that has some SubVIs with it and each cluster has a different number of buttons associated with each cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,585 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric1977

Okay so here is what you can do.  Get the reference of the cluster control that was changed.  Then read the old and previous value to see what boolean changed value.  Then get the control references in the cluster and pull out the reference to the control that had its value change.  Then cast it to a boolean class, and change the text.  Now if you will want some error checking, because you may have non booleans in your cluster.

Message 2 of 3
(3,576 Views)

Hooovahh...YOU ARE THE FREAKING MAN! Thanks for the solution!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,561 Views)